Training involves a total of 10 hours over three sessions. Exploration station building will vary depending on your station, but dedicate appropriate time to get your station 'working' by the WI Science Festival.
- Intro Session ~90 minutes
- Training Session One - 4 hours
- Training Session Two - 4 hours
- Build your station (free to collaborate broadly to develop your station)
- Participate in one of the optional build sessions
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting in your lab with a mentor
- Build on your own or with your partners anytime that you can
- Test/prototype at Science Alliance meeting (Genetics/Biotech 1360, Sept 28th)
Following the training, fellows will develop their stations and commit to three public programming events. Fellows will engage the public through Exploration Stations or public presentations at events such as UW Science Expeditions, Wisconsin Science Festival, Engineering Expo, Science Cafe, Nerd Nite and more. Through their training, fellows will develop their stations and presentations with the help of the training team.
Participation in a total of 3 public outreach events will be part of the requirements of the program including the WI Science Festival for the Fall term.